"My House is a Wreck!"

Hi! I am Elizabeth. Things have been happening pretty fast in my life! I
just married Mr. Right, became a stepmother to two fabulous kiddos, and had a
new baby- all in the last year and a half! Add a couple of moves and my 36th
birthday in there and you will understand why I am feeling the need to record
this crazy stage of our lives! At least now I can come back and read about it
someday- I know I won't remember! Oh, and keep in mind that I while I am posting
the good memories and high points of our daily life- my house really is a wreck!


Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy Campers...

Well, it looks like we are the proud 1/2 owners of a summer home! I am so excited! We have gone in with Don's brother and sister-in-law and bought a little jewel! We haven't actually seen this new aquisition, but we get to park it in my in-laws yard at the lake. And you know what they say...If you're lucky enough to be at the lake then you're lucky enough! It is a 30 foot camper and it sleeps six! And the best thing is that we won't have to stay at the "no tell mo-tel" this summer like I had feared! Of course, Don hasn't given me ANY details other than the basics- forcing my imagination to go WILD! I wonder if it will be PINK?!!

I would DIE and go to heaven if it turned out to be a PINK CAMPER!! How cute! Or maybe it has a cute little awning with fringe around it or a scalloped edge?! I did find out that it has a shower and that the refrigerator doesn't work. Oh darn, I guess I won't be able to cook at all!

Do you think a pack-n-play will fit in a camper? Or will we have to leave the baby at home? That is a nice idea...Hubba Hubba!!!
This is me on weekends when we leave John Stephen with the grandparents! Of course, when we have the kids with us I will be wearing pearls and setting up lovely picnics of fried chicken, deviled eggs, and my signature dessert- "Motor-home Marvelous"! I think I found the recipe in one of the Sweet Potato Queen books, and it totally goes with my "June Cleaver goes Camping" theme!
Oh well, I am so honored that the family doesn't mind if we camp out at their house some this summer! I'll post the real camper pics as soon as I see it! I think we are going to have a "work weekend" real soon!! And I know we will be "happy campers"!

No comments:

Post a Comment