"My House is a Wreck!"

Hi! I am Elizabeth. Things have been happening pretty fast in my life! I
just married Mr. Right, became a stepmother to two fabulous kiddos, and had a
new baby- all in the last year and a half! Add a couple of moves and my 36th
birthday in there and you will understand why I am feeling the need to record
this crazy stage of our lives! At least now I can come back and read about it
someday- I know I won't remember! Oh, and keep in mind that I while I am posting
the good memories and high points of our daily life- my house really is a wreck!


Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Baptism

Well, Sunday went really well, and my heart swelled with pride as John Stephen was baptised. I was really worried that I would cry- I did through my whole wedding, but I managed to keep it together until I was safely back in my pew. The congregation sang Amazing Grace which makes me cry typically, but with the emotion of the day- I didn't have a chance- Alligator Tears! Look at the 3 kiddos in their Sunday duds! This was a major accomplishment that took the better part of a week. Pax is too big for boys clothes, but still growing too fast to buy an "investment priced" blue blazer. We all laughed that the one I finally found at Sears was MACHINE WASHABLE! Normally, I would wonder what kind of person buys a machine washable sportcoat, but now I know- a 12 year old!

Here are my Dad and Gail. She brought several yummy dishes and helped me with the baby the week before while I shopped for a dress for me.
Here are Mom and Steph. Mom came and helped me for the ENTIRE day on Saturday. We had so much fun! And we cooked all day long!!


I didn't get very many pics of the day. After all of the dishes and trays had been cleared away, I remembered that I hadn't taken any shots of the table!! So here is my flower arrangement- I think it looks pretty good for an amatuer. I used Hydrangea, clusters of white carnations (cheap) and leftover pansies from the pot on my front porch.
And here I am holding the "man of the hour"! What a great day! He did not cry at all, and he sat through the entire service without getting too squirmy!

We had all of our parents and most of our siblings and their families for lunch. About 20 people! Menu: Pork tenderloin, marinated asparagus, sweet and sour green beans, tomato casserole, sister schubert's, cheese grits, salmon torte, strawberry pretzel salad, and lemon ice box pie! And iced tea! Yes, we are worn out- the time change did not help matters!! Be back soon! I'm planning Ruben Sandwich Night with the kids for St. Patrick's Day...




1 comment:

  1. Oh Elizabeth, what a beautiful baby and what a beautiful gown! I'm so glad I got to see these pictures. Everybody looks great! laurie

    ReplyDelete