"My House is a Wreck!"

Hi! I am Elizabeth. Things have been happening pretty fast in my life! I
just married Mr. Right, became a stepmother to two fabulous kiddos, and had a
new baby- all in the last year and a half! Add a couple of moves and my 36th
birthday in there and you will understand why I am feeling the need to record
this crazy stage of our lives! At least now I can come back and read about it
someday- I know I won't remember! Oh, and keep in mind that I while I am posting
the good memories and high points of our daily life- my house really is a wreck!


Saturday, March 13, 2010

This week at Church...

It has been a BIG week for our family. Don had a three day meeting in Little Rock. Usually, he stays at a hotel for this meeting but he had to drive home each evening for one reason or another. The best reason he had to drive home for is this seven year old cutie patootie! She sang a solo at the Wednesday night Lenten Service at our church! It was GREAT, and we were shocked, thrilled, and tickled to see her confidence, poise, and stellar performance! We didn't even realize she could sing!! All we ever hear is Miley Cyrus tunes coming from the shower!! So well done Syd! (Don and I both cried through her entire song- WOW!)


And, I have been racing around getting ready for John Stephen's Baptism. Here is a "sneak peak" of the gown. I cannot really justify why I had to have this gown, but I LOVE it. It will hopefully be a special heirloom for John Stephen to pass down for many generations. Don pointed out that John Stephen might marry someone who doesn't like this gown or who has different plans! I said, " That Little B*$%H better think about who she is dealing with! My grandchildren WILL wear this gown!!" HA HA! Well, heirloom or not, I am looking forward to tomorrow. Mom has been here helping me ALL day- hopefully the luncheon will be nice- I'll post pics as soon as I recuperate- like on Wednesday!!

Isn't it lovely? It will only be about 4 years until John Stephen is wearing camo cargo pants so
I am getting my fix of lace while I can. And I am trying to focus on..."Every good and perfect gift is from above"

No comments:

Post a Comment