"My House is a Wreck!"

Hi! I am Elizabeth. Things have been happening pretty fast in my life! I
just married Mr. Right, became a stepmother to two fabulous kiddos, and had a
new baby- all in the last year and a half! Add a couple of moves and my 36th
birthday in there and you will understand why I am feeling the need to record
this crazy stage of our lives! At least now I can come back and read about it
someday- I know I won't remember! Oh, and keep in mind that I while I am posting
the good memories and high points of our daily life- my house really is a wreck!


Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring has Sprung!

Hallelujah! Spring has Sprung! I saw the proof with my own two eyes on our walk this morning!! Here they are...Jonquils! Don likes to call them "buttercups". They are the first sign of Spring after a LOOOOOONG winter with lots of dreary weather. Thank you Lord for buttercups! They save my not so sunshiney attitude!
John Stephen was delighted with the first sign of Spring himself! Or maybe he was just glad to be out and about! Yesterday, we had to cut our walk short when we met a couple walking their very ferocious looking pit bull. Yes, it was on a leash. And it was probably fine, but those dogs scare me (and I'm a "big dog" person)! I just kept thinking of the news reports where children are attacked by pit bulls. My head was saying, "please don't let my stroller spook that dog, or my baby's coos and gurgles, or my PONYTAIL"! And then I realized that I had forgotten my cell phone, and that I couldn't even call for help if something happened! Totally irrational- I am sure. But I have to say that it was a gorgeous day yesterday, and lots of people were outside walking and playing. I am sure that I am not the only person who found that dog to be a threat to their children. And in my opinion it is tacky to do that to people! (wow, I sure am getting controversial on my little blog!)

So, here is John Stephen after the jonquil sighting! He is wishing that something else would sprout- his teeth! The anticipation is KILLING me! He has been really drooling and chewing this week, and I just KNOW that we are about to sprout the first tooth!!


In the meantime, I guess he will cope by chewing everything in sight!


Well, I am energized by this mild weather. We have a big week ahead...John Stephen will be baptised on Sunday. We are hosting our immediate family for a luncheon after the service. We need to go do our grocery shopping and get started ironing napkins...Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for the first jonquils in your neighborhood!


No comments:

Post a Comment