"My House is a Wreck!"

Hi! I am Elizabeth. Things have been happening pretty fast in my life! I
just married Mr. Right, became a stepmother to two fabulous kiddos, and had a
new baby- all in the last year and a half! Add a couple of moves and my 36th
birthday in there and you will understand why I am feeling the need to record
this crazy stage of our lives! At least now I can come back and read about it
someday- I know I won't remember! Oh, and keep in mind that I while I am posting
the good memories and high points of our daily life- my house really is a wreck!


Friday, March 5, 2010

Small Town Friday Night

This picture has nothing to do with this post, but I haven't posted a pic of me on the blog. And it seemed like I should. This was taken in December at the Christmas Tree farm where we go to pick out our tree. Despite the fact that I have terrible allergies, I remain in the "real tree" camp- as opposed to the "fake tree" camp. But, I digress. The point is that - this is me! And I did not have a photo to go with tonight's Friday Night Post!


So, it is Friday night and I am just tickled enough by tonight to blog about it! When I lived in Little Rock and was Single and Fabulous I wouldn't have predicted that my life could come to this! Not that it is bad- just soooo different. And I am sure that after you have a baby your life changes dramatically no matter where you live, but tonight was just "SMALL TOWN"!

First, and worst of all, as soon as Don came home I practically RAN out of the door...are you ready...TO GO TAN! Like, in a tanning bed! Hello, 1993. I am fundamentally opposed to "tanning". I have fair skin, I do not like deep, dark tans, and everybody knows it is bad for you!! But, I have to wear a cocktail dress tomorrow night, and the nearest spray tan is an hour away. Hopefully, I can get one in the morning, but just in case that doesn't pan out...

Then, Don forgot to pick up pizza from the only place that makes pizza worthy of Friday night consumption on his way home. So we had to regroup. We picked Paxton up at basketball practice and headed up to our favorite Mexican restaurant. It is located in the lobby of the Holiday Inn. We all had on gym clothes and I had just gotten out of the TANNING BED! Of course, the whole town was there. There was a constant stream of people coming over to say "hi"- and I guess I learned my lesson about wearing sweats to dinner on Friday night!! I mean, what has happened to me :)?? !!

But then, when I was just about to label the night as a loser- something happened. The best part about small town living. The high school sports hero who has already signed with" The University" for next year came in. He is just as cute as can be, clean cut, and all of the young boys idolize him! He was straight from his baseball game, still in uniform, and he came over to OUR table to say "hello" and to chat about tonight's game. Now, I don't really care much about sports, but PAXTON was absolutely awestruck! He couldn't even speak! I am talking about completely mesmerized! Pretty cool Friday night for a 12 year old boy. And that makes me big-time happy in a small town kind of way!

Goodnight! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment