"My House is a Wreck!"

Hi! I am Elizabeth. Things have been happening pretty fast in my life! I
just married Mr. Right, became a stepmother to two fabulous kiddos, and had a
new baby- all in the last year and a half! Add a couple of moves and my 36th
birthday in there and you will understand why I am feeling the need to record
this crazy stage of our lives! At least now I can come back and read about it
someday- I know I won't remember! Oh, and keep in mind that I while I am posting
the good memories and high points of our daily life- my house really is a wreck!


Sunday, March 21, 2010

What a Weekend! What a Week!

Whew! I made it through the weekend! Let's just say it was CRAZY! Sydney was very sick with an ear infection. She felt terrible and was throwing up all day/night Friday! Pax was super busy with a basketball tournament. He did not get back with the team until 1AM last night!! Don went to get him at the bus, and we were all pooped out. And John Stephen was just a BABY! All weekend, I had to feed him and carry him around and change him- OH WAIT, I have to do that EVERY day! Ha Ha!

When I started blogging I made a conscious decision not to use my blog as a place to vent about things in my life. Nobody wants to read about the stuff that is hard for me- after all, everybody has their own "hard stuff" to deal with! So, all I am going to say is...This past week has been really hard for me! Like, REALLY HARD! Nothing dramatic or really bad- just life. Today, I feel like I have come back from the trenches and my emotions are raw! Here is a pic of something lovely from my refrigerator. It pretty much sums up my mood last week! Poor Don. Poor Pax. Poor Sydney. Poor John Stephen. Poor Me.




Hopefully, this will not discourage you from accepting any dinner invitations to my house! I am just "keepin it real"! (I know that saying is so last year)! So, cheers to a new week, a new start, and hopefully a new attitude from me. Don has been telling me that you can find great freedom and control and contentment in the way you choose to react to situations in your life. I am thinking about that this week...I'm not sure if I buy it, yet.

I'll be back soon with all kinds of good stuff- we are moving- I'll have pics and details!

No comments:

Post a Comment