"My House is a Wreck!"

Hi! I am Elizabeth. Things have been happening pretty fast in my life! I
just married Mr. Right, became a stepmother to two fabulous kiddos, and had a
new baby- all in the last year and a half! Add a couple of moves and my 36th
birthday in there and you will understand why I am feeling the need to record
this crazy stage of our lives! At least now I can come back and read about it
someday- I know I won't remember! Oh, and keep in mind that I while I am posting
the good memories and high points of our daily life- my house really is a wreck!


Saturday, June 26, 2010

Let the Games Begin!!

Well, Hello! And Happy Saturday to you! I just returned from an estate sale! I had scoped it out ahead of time, and went hoping to get a couple of chests for next to nothing! But, the chests weren't as cute as I remembered once they had a $95 price tag on each one! SOOOOOOO I bought 3 pewter mugs! $10 for them all- not bad for some Saturday entertainment!


I don't know why that picture is soooo big! Sorry, but speaking of Estate Sales...Have you ever read any of Mary Kay Andrews books? She writes the cutest books and the heroine is almost always an interior designer, or an antique picker, or an estate sale junkie! I love them because they are light and fun! And Mary Kay loves to "junk" in real life and she obviously has good taste! If she describes a room, you think, " HOW CUTE!". So, put these on your summer reading list- My fave is Hissy Fit.

Yesterday, Pax and Syd arrived for a 2 week visit! Within 15 mins we had a "red kool-aide and entire bowl of chicken salad disaster"{Lord, give me strength!} Then, I was going downstairs to give the "everyone work together and pick up your messes lecture" when I spotted a BIG WAD of RED Bubble Gum "resting" on the arm of Don's leather chair. I was about to spin into orbit- "WHAT is THAT?!!" That is when DON admitted that it was HIS GUM! OMG! COME ON! I just rolled my eyes and went upstairs. That is when I discovered that Don had put my BLACK IRON skillet in the soapy water in the sink to soak!! AGGHHHH! {Lord, PLEEEEAAAASE give me strength!} SO, here we are on Saturday. Pax has a Baseball Tournament today, Sydney went with her Mom to get her "bridesmaid"-(not flower girl) dress fitted for an upcoming wedding, my washing machine is acting up, I have to make 160 Pineapple Delight hors d'hourves for a cocktail party that we are hosting with some friends tonight, and I am avoiding all reality on my computer!!


Here are all of the little darlings last night in the back yard! They had been playing a homemade version of Hide and Seek where you look for the person who is hiding and then you chase them around the yard until you get a good position and then you throw a tennis ball and try to hit them as hard as you can with the tennis ball! It is a lovely new game that quickly had everyone in tears- I am going to get a wiffle ball set today so that we have some outdoor activities that won't be quite so violent!
Truthfully, I am really looking forward to the next two weeks! We have so much fun when Pax and Syd are here for long stretches rather than for a few days at a time. We settle into a routine, and I always cry when they leave. Hopefully Syd and I can do some cooking, and we can all spend some time at the pool! The heat is oppressive here- so STAY COOL!

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth, that photo of the children and dog is so cute. What adorable children. You scored on those pewter mugs. They are so pretty. Love your sense of humor. laurie

    ReplyDelete