"My House is a Wreck!"

Hi! I am Elizabeth. Things have been happening pretty fast in my life! I
just married Mr. Right, became a stepmother to two fabulous kiddos, and had a
new baby- all in the last year and a half! Add a couple of moves and my 36th
birthday in there and you will understand why I am feeling the need to record
this crazy stage of our lives! At least now I can come back and read about it
someday- I know I won't remember! Oh, and keep in mind that I while I am posting
the good memories and high points of our daily life- my house really is a wreck!


Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday! Monday!

We are back from a big weekend in Little Rock for Amber and Martin's Wedding! I did not want to drag my big camera around like a geek all weekend so I do not have any pics of the super elegant rehearsal dinner at the country club, or of the wedding day brunch at a Tuscan style home that was spectacular, or of the BIG wedding and reception at the Clinton Presidential Library! Sorry to disappoint, but my little evening bag was the only accessory I needed. Of course, I would love to have pics of the wedding and of the Capitol Hotel where we had a room- what a treat!! So we will have to get by with these pics from last week and last night!

Here are Rafe (my brother) and John Stephen. Rafe is a farmer and he wears a large brim hat everyday to keep him cool. Ever heard of a "farmer's tan"? Well, he has one- the real thing- white forehead- tan face, tan arms and white legs!! This is a hard time of year for farmers- they have to water their fields and spend a lot of time worrying about the next rain! Luckily, Uncle Rafe could take a break and enjoy a BBQ with us last week!




For Father's Day we went to my Dad's for a burger cook and dip in the pool! Sydney swam with some of my Dad's dogs!!

This is about 2 minutes before the fun came to a screeching halt! Sydney tripped over the big dog on her way to do a cannonball into the pool! She fell half way in and half way out of the pool and scraped her foot up pretty bad! It scared us all! She had to spend the rest of the evening with her foot elevated and a big bandage! I guess we won't swim with the dogs anymore! Who is it that said, " the only trouble with trouble is that it all started out as fun"?!!!

So, here we are back on a Monday. I am doing laundry, trying to get our lives back into order. We made an offer on the house- looks like I am about to begin a BIG project!! I think it will make for some great blog material!! OK, back to the grindstone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment