"My House is a Wreck!"

Hi! I am Elizabeth. Things have been happening pretty fast in my life! I
just married Mr. Right, became a stepmother to two fabulous kiddos, and had a
new baby- all in the last year and a half! Add a couple of moves and my 36th
birthday in there and you will understand why I am feeling the need to record
this crazy stage of our lives! At least now I can come back and read about it
someday- I know I won't remember! Oh, and keep in mind that I while I am posting
the good memories and high points of our daily life- my house really is a wreck!


Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Happy Mother's Day- Belated...

Hello Blog! Long Time- No Post! Well, I've been busy, OK? Being a MOM is so time consuming that we can't even find time to celebrate Mother's Day on Mother's Day!! Well, actually, we did have a really nice Mother's Day with Don's family. His sister planned an awesome lunch with all of these great salads- very girlie! Chicken Salad, Pasta Salad, little muffins, and lots of family!! It was so nice to spend time with Don's family, and I got a new IPOD! Mine died a slow and miserable death by drowning in Diet Coke that was split in the console of my car- so I was thrilled to get a new one!!

But, my REAL Mother's Day treat was a special two day trip to the lake with my very own MOM! And my Sister- who should write a book on making motherhood look easy! We went to Steph's In-Laws' condo in Hot Springs for our little trip. Steph brought Chicken Spaghetti from a new Gourmet to Go business for our first night, and we enjoyed the patio's lake view. On the next day we headed to Garvan Woodland Gardens- a gorgeous botanical garden here in our state.

Wilson and Liza fed the fish along our woodland path!

John Stephen enjoyed the stroll. Maybe he can feed fish next year!
Wilson took his time- enjoying every morsel!


When we got back to the condo it was baby pool time! John Stephen really liked it! yea!



John Stephen and Liza in their Jammies! Liza is Two- and John Stephen is almost her size! Yikes! They had a lot of fun, and we were happy to put them to bed so that we could enjoy a great dinner that Steph made! Snapper, lemon artichoke orzo, and a fab salad with avocado that Mom made! Note: I made nothing! It never even occurred to me. I need to contribute next year- Steph and Mom did everything!


We decided to make it an annual event- I am glad! Spending time with my Mom and Sister is so much fun!! I did hear a comedian on TV say that all she wanted for Mother's Day was for someone to take care of her kids so that she could take a bath, drink a glass of wine, and cry herself to sleep!! Ha! There are days we can all relate!!
Gotta run- JSM is trying to crawl down the stairs!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment