"My House is a Wreck!"

Hi! I am Elizabeth. Things have been happening pretty fast in my life! I
just married Mr. Right, became a stepmother to two fabulous kiddos, and had a
new baby- all in the last year and a half! Add a couple of moves and my 36th
birthday in there and you will understand why I am feeling the need to record
this crazy stage of our lives! At least now I can come back and read about it
someday- I know I won't remember! Oh, and keep in mind that I while I am posting
the good memories and high points of our daily life- my house really is a wreck!


Friday, October 8, 2010

A Little Birthday Dinner

This is a short little post, but I wanted to post a pic of my "Tablescape" for Don's Birthday Dinner.  Now, if you are related to me and you are wondering why you didn't get invited to this Birthday Dinner, it is because I planned it two hours before we ate it!  And, really, it was just supposed to be white chicken chili chased by a little Chocolate Praline Torte!  Since Don was celebrating his 45th in Canada, we had to just celebrate upon his return.  And, since I was pretty sure that he would not want 45 candles on his cake, I decided to make this little cake bunting!  You may have seen them on the Internet lately.  Several blogs I read have shown cakes with these little cuties, and I thought- "I can do that!"  The pottery is sort of a local obsession in these parts- made by Mississippi and Arkansas Delta Potters- I mixed McCarty's, Peter's, and Miller's Mud Pottery.  It works for almost any casual occasion, and I love it.  The leaves are from Williams Sonoma.  The bunting is scrapbook paper taped onto some gold ric-rac and tied to a couple of bamboo skewers!  It was fun setting the dining room table on a whim!!

No comments:

Post a Comment