"My House is a Wreck!"

Hi! I am Elizabeth. Things have been happening pretty fast in my life! I
just married Mr. Right, became a stepmother to two fabulous kiddos, and had a
new baby- all in the last year and a half! Add a couple of moves and my 36th
birthday in there and you will understand why I am feeling the need to record
this crazy stage of our lives! At least now I can come back and read about it
someday- I know I won't remember! Oh, and keep in mind that I while I am posting
the good memories and high points of our daily life- my house really is a wreck!


Saturday, October 16, 2010

Dirty Little Secret

Last night Don took the big kids to the high school football game.  I wanted to take John Stephen, but he is hard to control these days!  Without a stroller I wouldn't have a prayer!  And, sadly, the stadium is not stroller friendly!  So, after I pouted about being left behind for a few minutes, it occurred to me...John Stephen goes to bed at 7:30...Then I would be ALL ALONE...with NOBODY to clean up after, cook for, or supervise...HMMMM. What would I DO WITH ALL OF THAT FREE TIME? 

OK, this is a TOTAL REDNECK recipe!  It is not really something you want to serve at an elegant dinner or take to a party.  If you have ever made this Apple Dumpling Recipe then...YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK!  So I prefer to shroud my preparation of this little dish in secrecy!  It's not good for my image! 
Ok, so it's easy!  Just peel and core 2 Granny Smith Apples,and cut into 8 pieces each. Then roll them up into crescent rolls, and place in a greased casserole dish. Melt 1 cup of butter, and add 1and 1/2 cups sugar and a teaspoon of cinnamon. Pour over the dumplings along with 12 oz of Mountain Dew! (I know, yuk! And, sadly if you buy a 2 liter bottle you will have some rowdy kids for the remainder of the weekend-it is like crack for an 8 year old!)




Then you put it in a 350* oven for 35-45 minutes. I got the recipe off of All Recipes, but it is on a million websites. After putting it in the oven you will want to look around to see if your baby is ok with that bowl on his head!



Then, I suggest you put the baby to bed, and take a bite of this wonderful, redneck, concoction!  YUM!
So there it is, True Confessions on the blog!  A Dirty, Little secret that is really a good fall dessert!  And kids love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment