"My House is a Wreck!"

Hi! I am Elizabeth. Things have been happening pretty fast in my life! I
just married Mr. Right, became a stepmother to two fabulous kiddos, and had a
new baby- all in the last year and a half! Add a couple of moves and my 36th
birthday in there and you will understand why I am feeling the need to record
this crazy stage of our lives! At least now I can come back and read about it
someday- I know I won't remember! Oh, and keep in mind that I while I am posting
the good memories and high points of our daily life- my house really is a wreck!


Monday, September 20, 2010

Greetings from the Land of Cotton

Well, it is cotton picking time here in Arkansas!  And since I come from a "Farm Family" I thought I would share some pics of my cottontop in the cotton!
 We had lunch with my brother Rafe today and then we went out to the farm for a quick look at the cotton.  Something about a field of cotton makes me feel connected to all of the generations of my family that are now long gone.  And it also makes me feel like Scarlett O'Hara after the War of Northern Aggression-  "Cotton oughta go sky high next year!"


I meant to get some cotton to put in a big bunch on my breakfast table, but I forgot my clippers!  Shoot!  I made a wreath of cotton one year and it was really pretty- maybe I need to do that again this year! 

There are a lot of things in my area of the country that aren't really pretty to look at.  We have a lot of poverty, trailer parks, bad perms, architectural blunders, BUT we have miles and miles of breath taking cotton fields and bean fields and rice fields.  And they are so pretty that they make up for the other stuff! I'll be back soon with some pics of our favorite 7th grade football player! 

No comments:

Post a Comment