"My House is a Wreck!"

Hi! I am Elizabeth. Things have been happening pretty fast in my life! I
just married Mr. Right, became a stepmother to two fabulous kiddos, and had a
new baby- all in the last year and a half! Add a couple of moves and my 36th
birthday in there and you will understand why I am feeling the need to record
this crazy stage of our lives! At least now I can come back and read about it
someday- I know I won't remember! Oh, and keep in mind that I while I am posting
the good memories and high points of our daily life- my house really is a wreck!


Tuesday, August 31, 2010

It's Been Too Long!



Hello Blog, I have missed you so!  The technical difficulties have sent me OVER THE EDGE!  I bet you could hear my cussing tirades at your house!   It has taken way too long to figure out what was wrong with my photo uploader, and I am still not sure if I have figured this thing out!  But, I have missed blogging lately!  And there is so much to catch you up on!! 
As you can see, John Stephen had a big birthday!!  Yes, he is ONE YEAR OLD!  I didn't do a "party" because my Mom told me it would be OK not to.  And because this house isn't ready for the debut that it deserves.  So I got a cake from Wal-Mart, 15 blue and white balloons, and we had a little Sunday afternoon celebration with the Grandparents and some of our siblings.  Perfect!!  John Stephen got way too many toys, but he had lots of fun!  I'd also like to say that I found myself remembering the 23 hours of labor and the C Section on the big day, and I have concluded that I didn't get nearly enough attention for the whole ordeal!  I know, I know, you are thinking that I am not the first person to ever give birth.  I will probably be one of those mothers who tries to make their child feel guilty for their difficult delivery-OH No! Did I mention he weighed 9 lbs and 2 oz?  Well, he did.  And he is the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me!  Happy Birthday Baby Boy!

The small cake in front of the birthday boy is called a "smash cake"!  This is a new concept to me, but it did make serving the real cake easier, and I thought the petite cake looked cute with the giant ONE candle!  Oh, and I made the birthday hat!  Isn't it funny?  Just put fabric on a cheap paper hat and attached the ruffle and pom pom!  Honestly, I could have done a really cute hat if I had thought about it before an hour before the big candle blowout moment!

We barely had time to straighten up the house before the party since we had spent the weekend in the TRAILERHOOD!  Don was dying to get up to the FEMA Dreama since we have stayed here working on the house for the last several weekends.  John Stephen is very advanced and has now decided that he is old enough to drive the boat himself!  It is hard work keeping him occupied for several hours on a Party Barge without falling overboard! 
But, we did have the kiddos contained for a few short meals on the deck!  This is John Stephen and his cousin who is 8 months old!  I swear I would feed John Stephen anything he wanted to get him to sit still for 5 minutes!  We are enjoying milder weather, and it is back to reality here.  We had our first day of Mother's Day Out today.  What a milestone!  I thought about crying after I dropped John Stephen off and then I decided to go shopping instead (ALL BY MYSELF)!!  Woohoo!  Hope you are having a good day, too!  Be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment