"My House is a Wreck!"

Hi! I am Elizabeth. Things have been happening pretty fast in my life! I
just married Mr. Right, became a stepmother to two fabulous kiddos, and had a
new baby- all in the last year and a half! Add a couple of moves and my 36th
birthday in there and you will understand why I am feeling the need to record
this crazy stage of our lives! At least now I can come back and read about it
someday- I know I won't remember! Oh, and keep in mind that I while I am posting
the good memories and high points of our daily life- my house really is a wreck!


Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hello! From the Trenches!

We are still unpacking! And all of these boxes are SUCH a PAIN! John Stephen has taken to biting them! We took a HUGE load to the dumpster over the weekend, but we still have so much to unpack! If I hadn't moved so much in the past few years, I could have been featured on HOARDERS! I am resolved to take a carload of clothes to Goodwill tomorrow!


Pax and Syd have been here this past week! They have gotten along famously! Really! We didn't have cable the first two days of their visit, and it nearly killed them. And Don. I guess they could have gone outside to play, but it has been 103 degrees! None of us have wanted to go outside at all!!
And, in other news, WE HAVE A WALKER ON OUR HANDS!! He is motoring everywhere!
The new house is all on one level so it is easier to keep an eye on John Stephen now even though he is walking- I never knew how hard stairs were with a baby!! You can see some background of the new house in these pics! Sorry, but I am not ready to do "the big reveal"!! My blue/grey cabinets have not turned out to be the color that I dreamed of. Of course, I only decided this after the painters had been here for two days! So now I am stuck! I may do a glaze over them...We will see!

We had a few surprises after we moved in the new house. First, our refrigerator wouldn't fit in "the hole"! Not only that, but most refrigerators in the world would not fit into "the hole"! After one weekend of going to the garage each time I needed a refrigerated item, I was ready for any fridge! Heck, I'd take a DORM FRIDGE! SO, I marched down to the local Sears and bought the only fridge that they had that would fit! Now we have a lovely mixture of Black, White, and Almond appliances- I know you can't wait to see:)!! But, I am a patient girl, and I will wait patiently on the kitchen of my dreams! Here is Sydney doing the Happy Dance after our fridge got here! As an eight year old, you can imagine how many times Sydney got sent to the garage to fetch the milk, cheese, etc....


The second big surprise we had upon moving in our new digs was that one of the two AC units was KAPUT! I know you are wondering how an interior designer/realtor could mess up her paint color AND buy a house with a bad AC! But, we bought the house "AS IS" and gambled! The AC worked when we were looking at the house, and well, the blue paint is still a mystery! I loved the swatch on the wall! My skills are a little rusty, but we are very happy in our new house! Hopefully I can reveal a room soon for your entertainment!!


No comments:

Post a Comment