"My House is a Wreck!"

Hi! I am Elizabeth. Things have been happening pretty fast in my life! I
just married Mr. Right, became a stepmother to two fabulous kiddos, and had a
new baby- all in the last year and a half! Add a couple of moves and my 36th
birthday in there and you will understand why I am feeling the need to record
this crazy stage of our lives! At least now I can come back and read about it
someday- I know I won't remember! Oh, and keep in mind that I while I am posting
the good memories and high points of our daily life- my house really is a wreck!


Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Puppies!

Hello Blog Readers!  I guess I've been a stranger lately.  We've been busy, BLAH BLAH BLAH!  It is October and the fall is here!  My Dad has a new litter of puppies!  He is an avid hunter who likes hunting mainly because of the dogs!  At any given time my Dad will have 3 or 4 Labs of his own, and he has a litter of pups each year to sell (and for fun)!  Have you ever heard of Field Trials?  It is where hunting dogs compete in a series of hunting trials out in the woods/water to see how well trained they are for duck hunting (and I guess any wing shooting).  Well, that is my Dad's main hobby.  He trains the dogs and works with them every day. He sends them to live with his trainer.  He sends them to summer in South Dakota or Aspen.  It is safe to say that some of the dogs have more expensive educations than I do!  But, he LOVES it!  We do not want a new puppy, but it is fun to take John Stephen over to play with these cuties! 
I think there are 11 or 12 of the fat and fine little rascals!  John Stephen loved them until their little shark bites started nipping at his ankles!

I am sure my Stepmom was thrilled when these little fur balls were moved off of her fabulous screened porch out into a pen in the yard!  They are cute, but they can make quite a mess!  We have been keeping our mess makers in the yard a lot, too!

These three boys could make your head spin with the messes they make!  I am sooooooo sick of laundry!  I feel bad for complaining, but I am sure that this is a major theme in my life right now that needs to be recorded in the blog!  LAUNDRY STINKS!  And I do it all of the time! This pic is an every afternoon routine. After football practice Don throws the ball to pax while John Stephen darts between them and risks his little two year old life by getting under the feet of the two giants! 
He wants to be just like Pax, and that is OK with me!  They are cute together!  Also, I'm not sure if you can tell, but there is a Bible verse on Paxton's practice tshirt from school!  I love that and I am sure that we live in one of the last places in the US where that could happen in a public school without somebody having a problem with it. 
In case you were wondering, we are playing tons of football around here, but it is not bugging me as bad as baseball did!  There aren't any cheerleaders in baseball- that might make me like it a little more.  And we are doing it 3 nights a week- yep-3 nights, but I'm not feeling like I need to go to every game! 

AHHH!  I love this. 

And just in case you were wondering where Syd was...Here she is with her friend last Friday night.  They made rice crispie treat pumpkins and had a sleepover!  I found the idea on Pintrest.  Have you joined yet?  I LOVE it!  It is addictive and I have gotten so many great ideas from other people's postings! 
Hope you are having a great fall so far!  I bought 3 Christmas presents today and feel like I am going to ROCK IT THIS YEAR!!  YAY!  Be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment