"My House is a Wreck!"

Hi! I am Elizabeth. Things have been happening pretty fast in my life! I
just married Mr. Right, became a stepmother to two fabulous kiddos, and had a
new baby- all in the last year and a half! Add a couple of moves and my 36th
birthday in there and you will understand why I am feeling the need to record
this crazy stage of our lives! At least now I can come back and read about it
someday- I know I won't remember! Oh, and keep in mind that I while I am posting
the good memories and high points of our daily life- my house really is a wreck!


Thursday, February 24, 2011

Baby Needs a New Pair of Jammies!

Anybody with a Toddler out there?  Well, let me say that John Stephen is not really wild about wardrobe changes!  I am sure some of you have been through this before!  He kicks, wiggles, flops, whines etc...everytime we change his clothes or diaper!  I have learned that singing a song while changing diapers works wonders (thanks for the advice, Mom), but even the BEST rendition of Old McDonald won't get us through a full outfit change!  As a result...sometimes we cave!
If you see a little boy running around in his diaper in my yard this summer, don't call DHS!
Oh, and if you see a little boy with long hair and a pony tail at my house...again, DON"T call DHS!  We are just about to break down and cut the hair!  I will probably need counseling to get through it, but I SWEAR we are getting there!!
This is John Stephen watching TV this morning.  Interesting lounging position!  You can tell I let him wear his jammies too much...
Oh Brother!  I am unfit!  We have SPRUNG THE TOE OF OUR JAMMIES!!   I will be making a trip to Children's Place soon for a new assortment.  And hopefully, somebody will get a better attitude about changing clothes! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey don’t seat it. I’m a father who chips in pretty well but I’m also a TV addict, so I am guilty of using that as a baby sitter. We have a one year old and because of my addiction one night I discovered “Baby TV” on my DISH Network employee service at home. Now the baby, me and my wife are hooked. They have programming that stimulates “symbolic” and “creative” thought, which I learned from their website helps babies develop language acquisition and problem solving skills. I really like how I can get involved in interacting with him and the show which helps us bond. Now he hardly ever cries for his mom when I’m taking care of him.

    ReplyDelete